- What is justice?
- Is it good to be just?
- What is the relationship between justice and law?
- Does justice require piety towards god or the gods?
- How can it be good to harm your enemies if justice does no harm?
- Does true justice require perfect knowledge?
- Is justice possible?
These are just a few of the issues that arise in the first few pages of this incredible dialogue. Other topics include:
- What is poetry?
- What is philosophy?
- What is education?
- Is censorship justified?
- Can we reconcile love of our own with love of the common good?
- Can war be abolished?
- Why do good governments become corrupt?
- What are the regimes?
- What is the soul?
This is a Comprehensive Book about the Comprehensive Good, a profound inquiry into the best regime and the best way of life.
Plato's Republic. It all starts here.